Vegetable Broth/Vegetable Clear Soup
This is a basic broth for any vegetarian soup or gravy. You can use this easy vegetable broth in recipes calling for broth or stock of any kind. You Know what, I just had it with the cooked vegetables as a clear soup. It was very nice and healthy and low in calories too. Here you go…
- Chopped onion – 3 cups
- Celery sticks - 4
- Diced carrots – 3 cups
- Bell peppers - 2
- Tomatoes – 4 (I used roma tomatoes)
- Garlic – 3 cloves
- Cloves – 3 count
- Bay leaf – 1
- Black whole pepper – 6 to 7
- Fresh Parsley – a bunch
- Water – 2 litre
Method of Preparation:
- Chop the vegetabled into small cubes.
- In a deep bottomed pan, add a tsp of olive oil or any oil and add onions.
- Toss them for 3 minutes and add carrots, tomatoes and bell peppers.
- Let them cook for 5 minutes. Toss them in between.
- In a large vessel add 2 litre of water and allow it boil and add the tossed vegetables along with the other ingredients.
- Let them boil till they become half the quantity.
- Now pour the broth through a colander into a large container.
- The filtered liquid is your broth.
- You can use it for making any soups or store it in the refrigerator in an air tight container for future use.
- You can use up to 2- 3 weeks.
- Don’t waste the filtered vegetables. You can eat it just like that or toss it with some oil, green chillies and salt and have it as a side.
- I had it as a veggie clear soup with all the vegetables and some salt and pepper.
- It was very nice and tasty.