Vegetable Panini Sandwich
Because of my husband’s India visit I am staying in my sister’s place in Atlanta. I am enjoying my sister’s cooking. She is good in cooking many cuisines and also it will be nutritious and tasty too. This vegetable panini sandwich is her recipe and it is very simple and tasty.
Time of Preparation : 15 minutes
Spice level : 2
- Bread (Ciabatta) – 4
- Mozzarella cheese shredded – 1/4 cup
- Sun dried tomatoes – 1/4 cup
- Onions (thickly sliced) – 1/4 cup
- Red Bell pepper – 2 tbsp
- Spinach pesto – 1/4 cup
For Spinach Pesto:
- Spinach – 2 cups
- Pine nuts – 1/4 cup (toasted)
- Garlic Cloves – 2
- Salt – to taste
- Black pepper – 1/4 tsp
- Extra virgin olive oil – 1/4 cup
- Jalapeno pepper – 1/2
- Parmesan cheese – 1/4 cup (optional)
Method of Preparation:
- Blend all the ingredients for pesto and grind it to a smooth paste without adding water.
- Take 2 bread slices and spread the pesto.
- Put around 1 tbsp of mozzarella cheese and add around 2 tbsp of onions, bell pepper and sun dried tomatoes.
- Cover it with the other bread slice.
- Keep it in the panini grill for around 5 minutes or until it is done.
- I have used spinach pesto. we can use basil pesto or Spinach and Arugula Pesto or any other pesto. we can get it from the stores too.
- We can add any vegetables like zucchini or cucumber which we use in sandwiches.