Basundi-Creamy Milk Pudding
Basundhi is one of my and my Husband’s favorite sweets. We love Â Adayar Anadha Bhavan’s Basundhi to the core. It used to be my favorite place to eat basundhi in Chennai. But luckily, after marriage I came to know that its my husband’s favorite too. But after moving to U.S we really missed it. Â My elder sister used to make great basundhi, So I decided to make this at home and surprised my husband. You know what, it actually became Â a sooper dooper hit and he loved it very much. A big thanks to my sister for sharing this recipe with me.
- Milk : 2 litres (I used 2% Milk)
- Condensed Milk: 1 can
- Pistachios : 4 tbsp
- cardamom : 1 1/2tbsp (Preseed)
- Sugar : 1/2 cup
Method Of Preparation:
- Boil the milk in a thick Â wide bottomed vessel.
- Heat the milk in low flame ( If you are using an electric stove, the milk would easily stick to the bottom of vessel, so boil it in low flame) by stirring it continuosly. After some time let’s say the milk is reduced to 25% add the condensed milk and sugar.
- After some time you will see thick layers of cream forming on top. Â
- Collect some of the cream layers and put it in a bowl separately.
- Keep stirring the milk by pushing the layers to the side.Â
- When the milk is reduced to 50 to 60% add the cardamoms and the collected cream layers and mix them gently ( Don’t break the cream layers).
- Finally garnish it with pistachios and a little saffron on top.Â
- Serve it chilled