It’s been a long time since I posted a recipe here. It is because I am in INDIA keeping myself occupied. My friend Shriya and I came to India for a long vacation. So I am writing this recipe from India and thought I will start with a sweet. I celebrated Diwali with my family here and had a lots of sweets and savory. Mysore Pak is one of the popular sweet in India. My mother in law makes awesome Mysore Pak every year for Diwali. This time I had a chance to watch her making this sweet. It was simple and yummy. Here you go…
- Gram flour or Besan – 1 cup
- Sugar – 1 and 3/4 cup
- Ghee or Clarified butter – 1 and 3/4 cup
- Water – 1 cup
Method of Preparation:
- Take a square or rectangular plate and grease it with ghee.
- Heat 1 cup of water in a thick bottomed pan or kadai and add sugar to it.
- Let it boil till it becomes sticky/viscous.
- Now add the gram flour to it and mix well.
- Keep stirring till the gram flour gets completely mixed with the sugar syrup.
- Now heat ghee in a separate pan.
- Add the hot ghee to the gram flour mixture. You can see the formation of froth while adding ghee.
- Add all the ghee slowly and keep stirring till the ghee separates from the mixture.
- You can also see that the mixture leaving the edges of the pan.
- Now add the mixture to the greased plate and cut into square pieces.