Dry Chicken Curry
This is yet another chicken dish . That will make a great side dish for Briyani or when you eat it with rice and chicken gravy . The spices and the curry leaves give it a great aroma and its very simple to make . It tastes excellent. I actually made this as a side dish when I made the Spicy chicken Kuzhambhu but am just finding some time to post this recipe . Hope you enjoy it.
Preparation Time: 55 minutes
No of servings: 4-5
Spice Level: 4 out of 5
- Chicken : 500gms
- Onion : 1 (big)
- Oil : 3 tbsp
- Bay leaves : 2
- Cinnamon : 1 “
- Cloves : 2
- Black pepper powder : 2tsp
- Ginger and garlic paste : 11/2 tbsp
- Curry leaves : 5
- Red chili powder : 1 tbsp
- Salt : required to taste
Method of Preparation:
- Heat oil in a pan add bay leaves, cinnamon, cloves then add the onions .
- Fry them till it becomes dark brown color .
- After that add the ginger& garlic paste .
- Fry them for few minutes after the raw smell goes add curry leaves and chicken mix it well.
- Now add the red chili powder , turmeric powder and salt and fry them till it becomes dry and soft .
- After that sprinkle the pepper powder mix it well with the mixture and fry it for few seconds.
- Remove it from heat serve it hot.
Serve hot with rice, roti.