It’s my long overdue to post this recipe. I’ve made this curry a few months ago and since then I wanted to post this recipe. Lazy me :-). Paneer is my all time favorite and I love any dish with paneer. My parents were here this summer and I know my mom loves paneer too. so I was wondering one day what to cook using paneer suddenly Kadai paneer came into my thoughts. Tried this recipe and it came out really tasty. Its a very simple and easy recipe. My parents loved it. It’s little bit spicy so if you are a non-spicy person cut down the spice level.
Preparation Time: 45 minutes
No of servings : 3-4
Spice Level : 3 out of 5
- Paneer/Cottage Cheese : 250g
- Tomatoes : 5 (finely chopped)
- Green Chilies : 2 (chopped)
- Garlic : 7 (Crushed or finely chopped)
- Ginger : 1 1/2 ” crushed
- Green Bell Pepper : 2 (thinly sliced)
- Whole red chilies : 5-6
- Coriander seeds : 11/2 tbsp
- Dry Fenugrek Leaves : 2 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder : 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Leaves : 1/4 cup
- Salt to taste
Method Of Preparation:
- Heat Oil in a kadai and add crushed ginger and garlic.
- Saute it until the raw smell disappears.
- Now add the chopped tomatoes and fry them till it become soft.
- Roast the coriander seeds and red chilies and grind them into coarse powder.
- After 10 minutes once the tomatoes become soft add the coarse powder.
- Cook until the whole mixture becomes thick and starts to leave oil.
- Now add the sliced capsicum and chopped green chilies.
- Saute the capsicum for 7-8 minutes.
- Now add garam masala powder and salt to the above mixture.
- Now finally add the paneer and cook the paneer for 5 minutes in the masala.
- Finally add kasuri methi/dry fenugrek leaves, coriander leaves.
- Mix and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve it hot with Rotis or Naan.