Shrimp and Eggplant Curry
Recently I tried Shrimp curry with eggplant and it tasted really delicious. Since then I have been wanting to share this recipe. Since my husband is not a big lover of eggplant I didn’t want to cook this dish only for me. I waited for a good occasion and we had a party at our home recently. So I made this delicious Eggplant and Shrimp Curry on that day. It came out really good and tasty. I just love the flavor of eggplant in shrimp curry. And to my big surprise my husband loved it too. It’s definitely an easy recipe with a rich flavor. After that I’ve made this curry couple of times for few friends and it always turned out to be sooper hit.
Try this easy and delisious shrimp and Eggplant Curry and let me know how it came out for you.
Method Of Preparation: 45 minutes
Spice Level : 4 out of 5
No Of servings : 4-5
- Shrimp: 2lb (peeled and deveined)
- Eggplant : 1 lb
- Onion : 2 (medium and chopped)
- Tomatoes : 3(pureed) or Canned Tomato paste: 1 cup
- Curry Leaves : 6-7
- Green Chilies : 4
- Coriander powder : 1tsbp
- Red chili Powder : 1/2tbsp
- Turmeric Powder : 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder : 1 tsp
- Ginger & Garlic Paste : 2tsp
- Garlic Cloves : 1 (finely chopped)
- Coconut Milk : 1/4cup
- Fennel seeds : 1 tsp
- Cloves : 2
- Cinnamon stick : 1 “
Method Of Preparation :
- Heat oil in a pan and add fennel seeds, cloves and cinnamon. After that add chopped onions and green chilies fry them till it becomes translucent.
- Then add the ginger & garlic paste fry them till the raw smell goes off.
- Now add the tomato puree, turmeric powder, salt, red chili powder, garam masala powder, coriander powder and curry leaves.
- Mix it all together and add 11/2 cup of water. Cover the pan with lid and let it cook in simmer heat for 10 minutes.
- After that add the eggplant and shrimp and cover it with lid and let it cook in medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until the shrimp and eggplant is cooked well and soft.
- If you want the gravy to be little thicker adjust adding the water initially or boil the curry for some more time until it becomes thick in consistency.
- Now add the chopped garlic mixed it gently.
- Once you get the consistency you want add the coconut milk and let the curry comes to full boil. After that remove from heat.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves.