After a long break posting this delicious Seppankizhangu roast..It is very simple to make with very less ingredients. I got this recipe from one of my friends Pari..Recently had it at her home and I wanted to make this fry. It goes very well with any rice dishes.
Time of Preparation : 30 to 40 minutes
Spice level : 3 out of 5
No of servings : 2 to 3
- Colocasia – 4
- Sambar Powder – 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 2 tbsp (for mixing) and 2 tbsp (for frying)
- Mustard seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Curry leaves – a few
- Tamarind water – 1 tbsp (optional)
Method of Preparation:
- Boil the colocasia in pressure cooker for just 1 whistle and remove it from the heat.
- It wont be too soft but it will be boiled.
- Cut them to round shapes.
- In a bowl add sambar powder, turmeric powder, salt, 2 tbsp oil and 1 tbsp of tamarind water and mix well with the colocasia.
- Keep it aside for 10 minutes.
- In a wide frying pan add 2tbsp of oil.
- When the oil is heated add mustard seeds, asafoetida, curry leaves.
- Add the colocasia one by one (spread them in the pan separately that they wont stick to each other) and fry them in medium heat.
- after 10 to 15 minutes turn them to the other side.
- when they turn goden brown remove them from heat.
- Serve hot with sambar / rasam or any variety rice.