This is one of the recipe I’ve been waiting to post. Because it came out so perfect and delicious. Coffee cakes are always my favorite and anything with coffee on it I just simply love it. I’ve made braided loaves many times but this time it Came out so perfect.
This is the perfect evening snack. If you are looking for some delicious and easy to make breads, this is the perfect recipe for you. Try this recipe and let me know how it came out for you.
Preparation time: 2 hours and 30 minutes.
No Of servings : 2 loaves or 20-30 mini rolls
- Active dry yeast : 1 package
- Warm water : 1/4 cup
- Warm Milk : 1 cup(I’ve used fat free)
- Sugar : 1/2 cup
- Eggs : 3
- Unsalted Butter : 1/2 cup (sofetend)
- All Purpose Flour : 6 cups
- Salt : 1/4 tsp
- Instant Coffee Powder : 1/4 tsp or you can use espresso shot : 1/4 cup (by reducing milk quantity)
To Garnish Braided coffee cake:
- Egg : 1 (lightly beaten)
- Almonds : 2 tbsp (chopped)
- Sugar : 1 tbsp
Filling for Mini Rolls:
- Almonds : 1 tbsp
- Cardamom : 6-7
- Butter : 2 tbsp
- Sugar : 11/2 tbsp
Method Of Preparation:
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water for 5- 10 minutes or until its completely dissolved.
- Now in a separate bowl add the yeast mixture, milk, sugar, butter, coffee powder, eggs, salt and 3 cups of all purpose flour and beat with hand mixer or stand mixer until it’s smooth.
- Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Now knead the dough until it becomes smooth and elastic for about 8-10 minutes.
- Now place the dough in a greased bowl and cover the dough with a towel. Let it rise in a warm place until it has doubled in size for about 45 minutes to hour.
- After that knead the dough and divide the dough into 6 pieces.
- Roll out each piece to a length of 13 inches. Take 3 of the strips and braid them together.
- To braid, take hold of the two outer strips, place the right strip between the other two, then the left strip between the other two, and so on.
- Now place the dough on a greased cookie sheet and let it rise for 30-45 minutes. Until it looks light and fluffy.
- Brush it with a beaten egg and sprinkle the top with some sugar and chopped almonds.
- Preheat the oven for 400F and Bake them for 15-20 minutes.
- After that remove the loaves and let them cool.
For Mini Rolls:
- Just pulse the sugar, cardamom and almonds and mix it with butter. If you want you can add 1/4 tsp of cinnamon.
- Roll out the dough to a rectangle and spread on the filling and make a roll.
- Cut each roll into 12 -20 slices. Place each slice flat down on a cookie sheet.
- And repeat the step 9.
- Preheat the oven for 400F and bake the rolls for 15-20 minutes.
- After that place the roll on arack to cool and cover it with towel.