Are you looking for an easy cheesecake recipe then you are in the right place. Though it is a bit time consuming for the preparation, baking and cooling process, the recipe is simple. But you have to plan ahead to make this cake. It is a perfect dessert for parties and get-togethers. It is summer time… So let’s enjoy some tropical fruit dessert.
Preparation/cooking time: 2 hours (plus inactive time 8 hrs)
- Cream Cheese – one 8 oz package (226 gram)
- Ricotta Cheese – 16 oz (454 grams)
- Mango pulp – one 32 oz can (850 gram)
- Graham crackers or digestive biscuits crumbs – 1.25 cups (8 to 10 crackers)
- Butter – 4 tbsp
- Large eggs – 3
- Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
- Small lemon – 1
- Confectioner’s sugar (icing sugar) – 1.5 cups (sifted)
- Sugar – 3 tbsp
Method of Preparation:
- Line a strainer with cheese cloth and place it on a bowl. Drain ricotta cheese in the cheese cloth overnight, refrigerated.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Grease an 8 inch or 9 inch springform pan with butter.
- Melt butter and let it cool. Place graham crackers in the food processor and grind until coarse and even. Add melted butter and process until it becomes moist.
- Transfer it to the greased pan and press evenly to cover the bottom of the pan. Bake for 15 minutes until the crust becomes golden and set.
- Prepare a water bath. Boil water and pour it in a deep wide pan.
- Cover the springform pan with two layers of aluminum foil. This is to protect water from entering the pan. Grease the sides of the baking pan with butter.
- In a food processor or a blender add cream cheese, ricotta cheese and blend until smooth.
- Add eggs one by one beating every time until mixed.
- Add vanilla extract and give it a stir.
- Add confectioner’s sugar and blend well until smooth followed by 3/4th can of the mango pulp.
- Blend everything until smooth. Add zest from one lemon and stir well.
- Add this to the springform pan and
- Place it in the water bath. Make sure the pan is not more than half immersed.
- Bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes or until the edges becomes golden brown but the center is still shaky.
- Remove from oven and let it cool for 20 minutes.
Preparation of Mango Glaze:
- In a pan add the remaining mango pulp, 3 tbsp sugar, juice from one lemon. Over medium heat bring it to a boil and keep stirring for 3 minutes until it just starts thickening.
- Remove from heat and let it cool.
- Add it to the cooled cake and let it set. It takes an hour or two. Refrigerate the cake and serve chill.
- If you don’t have springform pan, you can use a rectangle or square pan and line it with parchment paper so that it will be easy to lift the cake.
- To adjust the sweet level, you can add half of the confectioners sugar and mango pulp initially. Taste and add more if required.
- Ricotta cheese is light compared the cream cheese. But if you don’t get ricotta cheese you can substitute it with cream cheese.