There are many many appetizers you could make either for a party or just your family. But there are only a few that can win over hearts (and tummies) like a chicken cutlet. That too with little effort on your part. Chicken cutlets are best served with some kind of sauce like Ketchup or chutney sauce – the kind you would serve with samosas. They make for a great party appetizer especially if you have non-veg lovers. Can you bake it too or just shallow fry?
Preparation time: 30 minutes
No of Cutlets : 10-12
Spice level : 3 out of 5
- Boneless Chicken : 1 lb
- 1 Potato : 1 big (quartered)
- Onion : 2 cups (Finely chopped)
- Green chilies : 3 (finely chopped)
- Turmeric Powder : 1/4 tsp
- Ginger & garlic paste : 1 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder : 1 tsp
- Red Chili Powder : 1/2 tbsp
- Coriander Powder : 1 tbsp
- Black Pepper Powder : 1/2 tsp (Crushed finely)
- Coriander Leaves : 1/2 cup (finely chopped)
- Mint Leaves : 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Egg : 1
- Bread Crumbs: 11/2 cups
Method Of Preparation:
- Wash and cut the chicken into pieces. Boil the chicken and potato. Shred the chicken finely. Keep it aside.
- Mash the potatoes and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan add chopped onion fry them till it becomes translucent.
- Now add 1 tsp of ginger & garlic paste fry them till raw smell goes off.
- Then add green chilies , shredded chicken and mashed potato fry them together.
- Now add turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder, salt and black pepper powder.
- Mix it all together and finally add coriander leaves and mint leaves.
- Cook it medium heat for 4-5 minutes until the raw smell goes off and cooked well.
- Remove from heat and let the mixture cool down.
- In a flat bowl beat the egg and keep it aside.
- Spread the bread crumbs in a plate.
- Take a handful of this mixture and make medium size balls out of it.
- And dip it in the beaten egg and roll it in the breadcrumbs.
- Flatten the cutlet slowly into thick patties. (you can make any shape out of it)
- Shallow fry the patties in oil, until both the sides turns golden brown.
- Serve it hot.