Macaroons have always been one of my favorites. It tastes absolutely delicious. So I decided to make it at home. I had some shredded coconut sitting in my pantry so decided to make coconut macaroons this time. It came out absolutely yummy. In fact, I think I am gonna make this for the Christmas party this week.
Preparation Time : 30 minutes
No of pieces : 16
- Egg whites : 2
- Shredded Sweetened Coconut : 14 ounces
- Salt : a pinch
- Vanilla Extract : 2 tsp
- Sweetened Condensed Milk : 14 ounces
Method Of Preparation :
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Combine the shredded coconut, sweetened condensed milk, and vanilla extract in a large bowl.
- Whisk the egg whites and salt on high speed in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment until they make medium-firm peaks.
- Carefully fold the egg whites into the coconut mixture.
- Drop the batter into baking sheets lined with parchment paper using either a 1 3/4-inch diameter ice cream scoop, or two teaspoons.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until golden brown.
- Cool and serve.