I am such a great fan of scones! Whenever I go to our farmers market they have these freshly baked scones and I can’t resist to come without some in the cart. Plus. I have always wanted to make it at home. Finally I had some cranberries sitting in my pantry from when I made some cranberry sauce.
So I decided to make some cranberry scones out of it. It came out really well and tasty. You can try this at home yourself and let me know if you like it.
Preparation Time: 45 minutes
No of pieces : 8
- All purpose Flour : 2 cups
- Granulated sugar : 1/3 cup
- Baking powder : 2 1/2 tsp
- Salt : 1/4 tsp
- Unsalted Butter : 1/4 cup
- Dried or fresh cranberries: 1/2 cup (if you are using fresh cranberries cut them into half)
- Milk : 3/4 cup
Method Of Preparation:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and place the rack in middle of the oven.
- Grease the baking sheet or place parchment paper in it.
- In a wide bowl whisk together the flour, granulated sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Now cut the butter into small pieces and blend it into the flour mixture with two knives.
- It should look like coarse crumbs.
- Now add the cranberries and gently fold it into the mixture don’t crush it.
- Now finally add the milk and stir until they are all just combined.
- Do not over mix.
- Now transfer this dough into a floured surface and knead the dough for five times and pat.
- Roll the dough into a 7 inch circle (18 cm) round and about 1 and 1/2 inches thickness.
- Cut this circle into 8 triangular sections.
- Transfer it to the baking sheet and brush the top with a little milk or cream.
- Bake for about 15- 20 minutes or until slightly browned. To know if it’s done, when you insert a toothpick into the center of a scone it should come out clean.
- Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool completely.
Enjoy your own home-made freshly baked cranberry scones! You can get creative with replacing cranberries with other flavors too but the idea is the same.