Cranberry and Orange Relish
Thanksgiving turkey is not delicious without cranberry sauce. It is a must have with any Thanksgiving meal. It is one of the easiest things to make and enjoyed by most people at the table. This is one of the items you can make it in advance and keep it in the fridge and it will taste even better.
Preparation Time : 15 minutes
No of Servings : 4
- Cranberries : 8 ounces (fresh or frozen)
- Orange Marmalade : 3 tbsp
- Unsalted Butter : 2 tbsp
- Grated Fresh Ginger : 1 tbsp
- Brown sugar or Granulated regular sugar : 1/2 cup
- Orange Juice : 1/2 cup
- Black Pepper : 1/4 tsp (crushed)
- Minced Cilantro : 1 tbsp ( optional)
Method Of Preparation :
- In a saucepan melt the butter in medium heat.
- After that add grated ginger, stir it for 2 minutes.
- Now add the sugar, orange juice and cranberries.
- Cook until the cranberries burst and the sauce get thickens, for 15 minutes.
- After that stir in the marmalade to taste. Remove from heat.
- Finally add pepper and cilantro just before serving.
- Serve it warm or at room temperature.