Who says peanut butter cookies have to be a favourite for just the kids? This easy peanut butter cookies recipe will help you expand your appetizer/dessert menu for Thanksgiving dinner. I really liked how it turned out and I am probably never going to buy these from a store now that I found out how easy it is to make these! This is especially good since you know what goes into making the cookies that yours kids are eating.
Everyone likes their cookies in various forms of chewy, crispy, etc. Just adjust the baking time to lower for chewy cookies and higher for crispy. You can put a saran wrap and put the sheet in the fridge to cool completely.
Preparation Time : 45 minutes
No of cookies : 20-25
- Unsalted Butter : 1/2 stick (room temperature)
- Brown Sugar : 1/4 cup
- Granulated sugar (white) : 1/4cup
- Egg : 1 (large)
- Vanilla Extract : 1/2 tsp
- Peanut Butter : 1/2 cup (smooth and crunchy)
- All Purpose Flour : 1 cup
- Baking Soda : 1/4 tsp
- Salt : a pinch
Method Of Preparation:
- Preheat the oven to 360 degrees. Grease the baking sheets and keep it aside.
- In a wide bowl beat butter and sugar until it is light and fluffy for about 3 minutes. You can use an electric mixer or hand mixer.
- Now add the peanut butter and beat it for another 2 minutes. Thenadd the egg and vanilla extract and beat everything together.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Now add this mixture to the peanut butter mixture and continue until everything is mixed evenly.
- If you are using chopped peanuts fold this mixture in it.
- If you feel the mixture is too soft to make balls out of it. Put it in the refrigerator for an hour or until it gets firm.
- Roll the batter into 1 inch balls. Take some granulated sugar in a plate. Roll the batter balls in the sugar and place it in the greased baking sheets.
- Using a fork and make the classic peanut butter cookies criss-cross pattern on the cookie surface.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes or until the cookies are lightly brown on the edges.
- Finally remove it from oven and place it on the cooling rack. Let it cool completely before you store it in an airtight container.
- You can store it in an airtight container for about an week.