Berries and Peach Soda
It’s summer time and are you ready to beat the heat?… I am going to share my recipes for blended fruit juices and many other summer drinks which will definitely quench your thirst. Most of them are rich in antioxidants and other vital nutrition and vitamins. This non-alcoholic mocktail is a combination of strawberries, blackberries and peach along with sparkling water which gives a fizz and makes it so refreshing. I got the idea of making this soda from Giada’s show and I tweaked it according to my taste. You will love this and will always want to have a pitcher of juice in your refrigerator to serve your family and friends. You can also serve theme at parties and not the least, kids will love it. So come join me…
- Fresh or thawed frozen strawberries – 1 and 1/2 cups
- Fresh or thawed frozen blackberries – 1 cup
- 3 Fresh peaches (peeled and pitted) or thawed frozen peaches – 2 cups
- White Sugar – 1 cup
- Water 2 cups
- Juice from one lime
- Lime zest – 1/2 tsp
- Sparkling water or Club soda – 2 cups
- Ice cubes (optional)
Method of Preparation:
- Add sugar and water in a sauce pan and bring it to a boil over medium heat by constantly stirring. Remove from heat and let it cool.
- In a blender, add peaches, strawberries, blackberries, cooled sugar syrup, lime zest and juice and blend it until smooth.
- Transfer it to a pitcher and refrigerate it for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Just before serving, add the sparkling water and serve with ice cubes (optional). Or you can even fill the individual glasses with 3/4 th of juice and fill the rest with soda , stir and serve.