Gajar Ka halwa (Carrot Pudding)
If there is a way to make a vegetable taste heavenly this has to be it. It’s been long overdue to publish this recipe. Everytime I make it somehow Ialways missed to take pics of it. This time my MIL made it and I finally took the pics. It was really delicious.
Gajar (Carrot) Halwa is a traditional Punjabi dish made with carrots and milk. The perfect way to eat this halwa is with some of your favorite ice cream. It taste absolutely delicious. I am already drooling here. Try this recipe and let me know how it came out for you.
Preparation Time : 45 minutes
No Of servings : 4-5
- Carrots : 2 cups ( grated and shredded)
- Milk : 2 cups
- Butter(unsalted) or Ghee : 1/4 cup
- Granulated Sugar : 1/4 cup
- Cardamom Powder : 1/2 tsp
- Roasted Cashews nuts : 10 (for garnishing)
- Raisins : 6 (roasted)(for garnishing)
Method Of Preparation :
- Heat a tbsp ghee in a small pan and roast cashews and raisins and keep it aside.
- Now boil milk in a heavy bottomed pan in medium heat and stir often until the 2 cups milk become 1 cup. Keep stirring that way you will avoid burn in the bottom of the pan.
- Now in a separate pan add the ghee or melt the butter.
- And add shredded carrot and stir fry it for about 10 minutes in medium heat or until the carrots become soft, tender,cooked and slightly change in color.
- Now add the boiled milk and keep stirring it until the mixture becomes dry, cook for about 10-12 minutes in medium heat or until it dries out completely.
- Finally add the sugar, cardamom powder, roasted cashews and raisins.
- Mix it all together and stir fry for about 3 minutes until the ghee starts to leave on top of halwa.
- Remove from heat and serve it hot.
- You can refrigerate this halwa for up to 2 weeks.