Preparation time: 45 mins
No. of Servings: 4-5
Spice level: 4 out of 5
- Mutton :800gms
- Onions: 4 medium sized(chopped)
- Tomatoes: 4 medium sized(chopped)
- Ginger : 2 tbsp(chopped finely )
- Garlic : 2 tbsp(chopped finely)
- Turmeric Powder:1 tsp
- Red chili powder:1 tsp
- Salt : as per taste
- Coriander leaves :1/2 cup(chopped)
- Lemon : 1
- Oil :100ml
- Red chillies: 8(whole)(according to your spice level)
- Mustard seeds : 1 tsp
- Fenugreek seeds:1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds : 1/2 tsp
- Fennel seeds : 1 tsp
- Cloves : 5
Method of preparation
- Cut the mutton into 1 1/2″ sized pieces.
- Roast the whole spices(mustard seeds,fennel seeds,cumin seeds,Whole red chillies,fenugreek seeds and cloves) seperately and grind together coarsely.
- Heat mustard oil in a thick-bottomed pan to smoking point and cook the onions till brown.
- Add the chopped ginger and garlic and Mix well.
- Add the coarsely grind ground masala powder. Cook for half a minute,stirring constantly.
- Add mutton,cook on high heat till mutton pieces are fairly brown.
- Add turmeric powder,red chili powder and salt and mix well.Cook till oil leaves the masala. Add sufficient quantity of
water,bring it to boil and cover. Cook till the mutton is almost done.
- Add chopped tomatoes and cook on medium flame for 10mts,or till mutton is fully cooked. Stir occasionally. Stir in juice of a lemon.
- Adjust the seasoning and serve hot,garnished with coriander leaves.
Serve hot with Chapathi,Paratha or Rice.