It’s been a very long time I’ve posted any recipes. I am really sorry about my sparse posting. My new year resolution is to be more active here and bring you lot more recipes from my kitchen. When I first came to U.S one of my firstÂ favorite Mexican dish was Quesadilla. We just bought this quesadilla maker in the Thanksgiving shopping. Before that I used to bake this in a conventional oven but Quesadilla maker has made my life easier.Â Try this easy Quesadilla recipe and let me know how it turned out.
- Vegetable Oil : 2 tbsp
- Onion: 1
- Red Bell Pepper : 1
- Green Bell Pepper: 1
- Mushroom : 1 cup (Optional)
- Chicken : 1 cup (Grilled or Cooked)
- Salsa: 1 cup
- Sour Cream : 3 tbsp (optional)
- Cheddar or Mozarella Cheese : 2 cups
- Tortilla : 2
Method Of Preparation:
- Heat oil in a pan. Add onion and sautee it for a few minutes.
- Now add both the peppers and mushroom(optional) with a little salt.
- Fry them till the peppers and mushroom becomes soft. Keep them aside.
- I’ve marinated the chicken with some oil and salsa and grilled it Or you can just boil the chicken and cut it into pieces and fry the chicken in a pan with some salsa (hot).
- Now if you have a Quesdilla maker just put the tortilla and sprinkle some cheese and on top of it add 2 tbsp of stuffing Â we prepared beforeÂ and spread 2 tbsp of salsaÂ and add the above prepared chicken (avoid chicken if you are making veggie Quesdilla) and again sprinkle some cheese, finally cover the stuffing with another tortilla.
- Close the maker and let it stand for 4-5 minutes and remove from pan serve hot with sour cream and Gaucamole.
- If you don’t have a Quesdilla maker just heat the tortilla in a pan with some butter on it and after that put the tortilla sandwich just like explained above in a 375 F preheated oven for 8-10 minutes and remove from oven cut it into a even sized slices.
Try this easy Quesadilla recipe and let me know how it turned out. This could make for a tasty evening snack or even as some light lunch.