Spicy Chicken Kuzhambhu / Spicy Chicken Curry
Spicy Chicken Kuzhambu (curry) is another gem from my mom’s kitchen and one that takes me back to the days when I was a kid. My mom would make this for me if I had a cold or wasn’t feeling well. She seems to have that magic touch always and this morning I called her up to find out how she made it. Now, I am sharing it with you here. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
Preparation Time: 40 minutes
No of servings: 4-5
Spice Level: 4 out of 5
- Chicken: 2 lb
- Oil : 3 tbsp
- Bay leaves : 2
- Cinnamon : 1″
- Cloves : 3
- Onion : 1/2(medium)
- Tomato : 2
- Cumin seeds : 11/2 tsp
- Fennel seeds : 1 tsp
- Green chilies : 4
- Turmeric Powder : 1 tsp
- Black Pepper : 2 tsp
- Curry leaves : 5 to 6
- Garlic : 3
- Ginger : 1 inch
- Salt : required for taste
- Coconut Milk : 1/4 cup
- Coriander Leaves : few
Method Of Preparation :
- Heat a tsp of oil in a pan add cumin seeds , fennel seeds, curry leaves (3), Green chili(2), Onion(Chopped), and Black pepper.
- Fry all the above ingredients except garlic and ginger for 4 minutes in low flame.
- After that remove from heat and let it cool down.
- Now grind the above mixture with garlic and ginger in to a fine paste.
- Heat remaining oil in a pressure cooker add bay leaves, cinnamon, cloves and the ground paste fry them for 3 minutes .
- And add the chicken mix it well with masala paste , add the remaining green chili, curry leaves and turmeric powder and required salt .Fry them all together for 4 minutes.
- Now add a cup of water and the chopped tomatoes in to it . Close the lid of the pressure cooker .
- Pressure cook it for 2 whistle.
- After that open the lid and add the coconut milk let it boil it for 2 minutes remove from heat and garnish with coriander leaves.
Serve it hot with rice, chapathi, paratha.