This recipe is from my sister’s kitchen. I wanted to try this recipe for a very long time and finally tried it and it came out so yummy. In my college days I was very addictive to Indo-chinese Cuisine. Hot and sour soup, Fried rice, Manchurian thees are my favorite dishes and I still love those yummy food.
My sister makes so yummy and delicious Indo-chinese fried rice and Manchurian. I’ve always used to wonder how she make this recipe so perfect and Finally I’ve got the nerve to try it and it came out so good. If you are a Chinese, Indo-chinese food lover you should definitely try this recipe. Easy and a comfort food.
Preparation Time: 60 minutes
No Of Servings : 3-4
Spice Level : 2 out of 5
- Vegetables : 1 cup(Carrots, Mushrooms, peas, beans)
- Basmati Rice : 2 cups
- Ghee : 2 tbsp
- Oil : 1 tbsp
- Onion : 1 (small)
- Green Chilies : 3 (slit lengthwise)
- Cloves : 2
- Bay leaves : 1
- Cinnamon stick : 1/2″
- Green onions : 2 tbsp
- Garlic : 3 (chopped)
- Ginger : 1 tbsp
- Mint Leaves : 1 tbsp (chopped)(optional)
Method Of Preparation:
- Wash and soak basmati rice for 30 minutes.
- After that drain the rice and fry it with a tbsp of ghee for about 2 minutes.
- Heat a tbsp of ghee in a wide kadai/wok once it smoky hot and add cloves, cinnamon and bay leaves.
- Immediately add chopped onions and green chilies fry them for a minute in high flame then add chopped garlic and ginger.
- Stir fry them all for about 2 minutes and add all the chopped vegetables and mint leaves (optional)with a tbsp of oil.
- Stir fry them all in higher flame for about 2 minutes and add little salt to taste. (make sure you don’t burnt it and don’t overcook the vegetables because we don’t want any color change in that mixture it should remain the same color then only you will get fried rice in white color)
- After that remove from heat and keep it aside.
- Now there are two different ways you can cook this fried rice.
- Step 1: Either you can put all this mixture and rice in an electric rice cooker and cook it.
- Step 2 : Or you can cook the rice separately and put it in the kadai with that veggie mixture and stir fry for about 2 minutes without breaking rice and remove from heat immediately.
- Finally garnish it with green onions.