This is the simplest way of making Chinese style noodles. In this recipe I have added many veggies of different colors. The vibrant colors will make anyone to eat it. Since we are adding lots of veggies it is a healthy meal for kids too :).
Time of Preparation : 20 minutes
No of Servings 2
Spice level : 3 out of 5
- Hakka Noodles – 1 packet / 200grams
- Oil – 3 tsp
- Onions – 1/2 cup (finely chopped)
- Garlic – 5 cloves (grated)
- Bell peppers (I have used 3 colors of bell peppers) – 1/2 cup each color (thinly sliced)
- Cabbage – 1 cup (thinly sliced)
- Carrot – 1 ( 1″ thinly sliced)
- Beans – 10 (1″ thinly sliced)
- Soy sauce – 2 tsp
- Green chilli sauce – 3 tsp (you can replace red chilli sauce too)
- Salt – to taste
- Black pepper – 1/4 tsp
- White pepper – 1/4 tsp
- Spring onions – for garnishing (finely chopped)
Method of Preparation:
- Boil around 8 cups of water. When the bubble starts to come add the noodles with little salt and few drops of olive oil.
- Boil for just 2 to 3 minutes or until the noodles is 80% done.
- Drain them in a colander and wash it with cold water and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in vessel at maximum heat. Now add the chopped onions.
- Fry till they become translucent and add the grated garlic followed by the bell peppers, carrots and beans.
- Fry for 2 minutes and add the chopped cabbage.
- Add the soy sauce and green chilli sauce and add little salt now.
- Fry till the veggies are half cooked and add the noodles.
- Combine well and now add the black pepper and white pepper.
- Garnish with the spring onions.