How to Make Pizza Dough
The crust of the pizza is the most important piece and the crust depends on the pizza dough you make. You could buy ready made pizza crust in stores but they don’t taste as good or fresh if you created it yourself with your own pizza dough.
Making pizza dough is definitely an art. I am far from an expert in making pizza dough but as practice makes perfect everytime I make it it comes out better. This time around has to be my best of the lot. So if you are just starting out making pizza be prepared to give yourself a few tries. Who knows you may find yourself good at this at first try too!
Preparation Time : 2hours (including the dough to rise)
No Of Pizza : Three 12″ medium pizza or two large pizza
- All purpose Flour/Maida : 5 Cups
- Active Dry Yeast : 2 tsp or 1 pocket
- Water : 1/2 cup (for making yeast)
- Sugar : 1 tsp
- Olive oil : 1 tbsp (I’ve used Extra Virgin)
- Salt : to taste
- Water : 11/4 cup ( to make dough)
Method Of preparation:
- Just warm 1/2 cup of water and add dry yeast and sugar into it. Stir gently. Makes ure the water is not too hot.
- Let this sit for about 15 minutes or until you see foam on top as shown in pic.
- In a large bowl add 5 cups of Flour, salt, oil, the yeast mixture and the remaing 11/4 cup of water. Mix it all together witha spatula or u sing your hand.
- Now spread some flour on the countertop and place the dough mixture for kneading as shown in pic.
- Knead the dough until smooth and elastic, it will take about 5-8 minutes or it will depend up on the speed and force during this kneading process.
- After the kneading is done place it in a large bowl with lid covered. Let it sit for about an hour or so until it’s doubled.
- After that take the dough out of the bowl and divide into two pieces.
- Now put theses two doughs separately and flour generously. Cover them with some plastic wrap. Let it sit for again 20 -30 minutes until its risen 11/2 times in size.
- Now pizza dough is ready to use.
- You will make two large pizza out of the dough.