Palak Paratha is an easy way to give spinach to the kids. We can make this paratha either by stuffing the spinach like how I did for Methi Paratha or we can just mix the spinach to the dough. I did the Spinach Paratha by mixing it to the dough. Here is the recipe for delicious Green Parathas .
Time of Preparation : 40 minutes
Resting Time : 2 hours
No of Parathas : 9
Spice level : 2
- Wheat Flour – 1 1/2 cups
- Spinach / Palak – 1 cup
- Garlic – 3 cloves
- Green chillies – 2
- Sambar Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – 1 1/4 tsp
- Yogurt – 1/2 cup
- Oil – as needed
Method of Preparation:
- Grind the spinach, garlic and green chillies in a blender along with the yogurt.
- Mix all other ingredients with spinach paste and make it to a smooth dough.
- Add a tsp of oil if needed.
- Cover the dough for 2 hours and divide them into 9 equal balls.
- Roll each one approximately to 6 inches in diameter.
- Heat a nonstick pan in medium flame and put the palak chapati.
- Spray oil on one side and let it stay for a minute.
- Turn it to the other side and spray some oil.
- Press slightly and remove it from the heat when they slightly puff
- Serve hot with raitha and pickle.