Preparation Time: 40 minutes
No of servings: 4-5
Spice Level: 3 out of 5
- Mutton:1/2kg(Including bone)
- Onion :1(Medium)
- Green chilies : 2(optional)
- Whole Black pepper(Peppercorns) : 10
- Cumin seeds : 1 1/2 tsp
- Fennel seeds : 1 tsp
- Ginger and garlic paste : 1/2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder : 1tsp
- Curry leaves : 6 to 8 springs
- Coriander Leaves : 2tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Tomato : 1(Finely chopped)
- Bay Leaves :2
- cloves : 2
- Cinnamon : 1/2 inch stick
- Water : 4 cups
Method Of Preparation:
- Heat oil in a pan add cumin seeds ,onions,curry leaves(4 springs) fry them now add peppercorns .Just shallow fry all the above ingredients.Remove it from heat .
- Grind the above mixture (don’t grind it like a fine paste ).
- Now heat a pressure pan with oil in it add cloves ,cinnamon,bay leaves,ginger and garlic paste fry it up to 2minutesand add the above grind mixture into it.
- Fry them up to 3 minutes and add curry leaves and green chilies(optional),tomato ,salt and just fry it up to 3 minutes .
- And add the mutton pieces into it ,mix it well so the mutton pieces blend well with the mixture now add a little turmeric powder in to add 2 cups of water with a tsp of oil on top it.
- close the pressure cooker and cook upto three whistle in low flame.
- And garnish it with coriander leaves.
Serve it hot.