Preparation time: 30 mins
No. of Servings: 3-4
Spice level: 2.5 out of 5
- Gram dhal(kadalai paruppu) :1/2 cup
- Appalam : 5 to 7(or Appalam poo)
- Potato :1(medium size)
- Green Chillies : 4 nos(according to your spice level)
- Ginger : 1 inch(finely chopped)
- Garlic :3 nos
- Onion :1(Medium)sliced
- Tomato :1(sliced)
- Turmeric powder :1tsp
- Coconut:1/4 cup shredded(optional)
- Salt totaste
- Mustard seeds:1tsp
- Red chillies :1 no
- cumin seeds:1 tsp
- Fennel seeds:1tsp
- Curry leaves :few springs
Method of Preparation
- Soak the gram dal for 20 mins.
- After that pressure cook the dal with turmeric powder, half onion,half tomato,Green chillies,ginger, garlic and a little oil.
- Cook for 3 whistle .
- Fry the Appalams and allow it to cool.
- Boil the potato ,peel the skin and mash it well.
- Take a pan , heat oil and add the seasonings after it splutter add the remaining onion ,tomato and salt ,fry for few minutes.
- Now add the pressure cooked dal mixture into it and the mashed potato boil for few minutes .
- Break the Appalam into pieces (medium size) and add it in to the above mixture.
- Now sprinkle the shredded coconut, mix it . cook for a minute and remove it from the heat.
Serve with rice …
Try to use Appala poo instead of Regular Appalam .It will give good taste.