Need to make something quick and your head is blank with little to no ideas swarming around? Try this quick 15-min recipe that is rich in protein and makes for a healthy meal paired with chapathis.Traditionally dal for rotis are made with toor dal but moong dal also makes a great tasting side dish.
Preparation Time: 40 minutes
No of servings: 3-5
Spice Level: 3 out of 5
- Whole Green Moong dal : 1 cup(You can use sprouted Moong dal too)
- Onions : 1
- Tomato : 1
- Green chilies : 4
- Milk : 1 cup
- Turmeric Powder : 1/4 tsp
- Ginger and Garlic paste : 1 tbsp
- Curry leaves : 3 to 4
- Oil : 1 tbsp
- Cumin seeds : 1/2 tsp
Method Of preparation :
- Soak the whole moong dal for over night or if you are in hurry soak it in hot water for one hour at least( otherwise if you have no time at all to soak, want to make it immediately just pressure cook it for 4 whistle and use it).
- Then pressure cook the soaked moong dal with 1/2 cup milk and 1/2 cup water for three whistle.
- Heat oil in a pan with cumin seeds and curry leaves fry them in low flame for a minute.
- Add Onion and green chilies fry them till it becomes golden brown .
- And add the ginger garlic paste and fry them till the raw smells goes.
- Now add the cooked whole moong dal in to it with little turmeric powder and salt.
- Mix it well and add 1 1/2 cups of water and 1/2 cup of milk add tomatoes now .
- And close the lid let it boil for 5 minutes in high flame.
- After that remove from heat and garnish with coriander leaves.
Serve it hot with chapathi.
You can use sprouted Moong dal instead of whole green moong dal. And if you have no time to soak the whole moong dal you can just pressure cook it with 1/2 cup milk .