Raitha or Pachadi is an Indian side dish. It is yogurt based and is served along with biryani, rice, vada, etc. There are different types of raitha. Today I am sharing a simple and tasty recipe from one of my aunt. You can serve this along with any biryani, pulao or type of rice. Here you go…
- Tomato – 3
- Onion – 1
- Chili powder – 1/4 tsp
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Coriander leaves – a few
- Curd – 2 to 3 cups
- Chop onion and tomatoes.
- Heat oil in a pan, add onions and toss it till it becomes translucent.
- Add tomatoes and toss them with a little salt for 3 to 4 mins.
- Remove from heat.
- Take 2 to 3 cups of nice and smooth yogurt in a bowl.
- Add some salt and chili powder to the yogurt and mix well. Remember, we have already added a little salt to onion-tomato mixture.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds.
- Once they splutter, remove from heat and keep it aside.
- Add the cooked onion-tomato to the yogurt and mix thoroughly.
- Season with mustard seeds and garnish with coriander leaves.
Serve with Biryani or Pulao.