Simple Vegetable Biryani
After a very long time I am posting a recipe today. I know I’ve become very lazy and couldn’t find time to post a recipe. Finally I am back to SpicyTasty and of course I missed posting recipes. My sister made this vegetable biryani when she visited us from India and we all loved it. It’s very simple and easy. If you are a big biryani lover then try this simple recipe you will love it.
Preparation Time : 60 minutes
No Of servings : 4-5
Spice level : 2 out of 5
- Onion : 1 medium (chopped)
- Tomatoes : 2 (chopped)
- Ginger & Garlic Paste : 2 tbsp
- Vegetables : carrot, beans, soya chunks, bell pepper and potatoes
- Green Chili : 2-3 (according to your spice level)
- Coconut Milk : 1 cup
- Turmeric Powder : 1 tsp
- Basmati Rice : 2 cups
- Mint leaves : 1/4 cup
- Coriander leaves : 1 cup
- Red chili powder : 1 tbsp
- Coriander powder : 11/2 tbsp
- Water : 2 1/2 cups
- Garam Masala powder : 1 tbsp
- Fennel seeds : 1 tsp
- Cardamom : 3
- Cloves : 3
- Cinnamon stick : 1″
- Biryani Masala : 1 tbsp (optional)
- Salt : to taste
Method Of Preparation:
- Wash and soak the Basmati rice for at least 30 minutes. After that drain the rice and just fry them with a tbsp of ghee and keep it aside.
- Grind mint and coriander leaves and keep them aside.
- Heat oil in a pan add fennel seeds, cardamom, cloves and cinnamon. Fry them for a minute after that add onions fry them till it becomes translucent.
- Now add ginger & Garlic paste and green chilies fry them for a minute.
- Add tomatoes and all masalas (turmeric, red chili, coriander, biryani masala and garam masala) fry them for couple of minutes.
- Now add all the vegetables with salt and mint, coriander paste.
- Mix it all together then add coconut milk and water.
- Let’s just come to boil and after that transfer that into electric rice cooker with rice.
- Mix it well and sprinkle some coriander leaves on top.
- If you are using an electric cooker as soon as the light turns to warm or the the rice is cooked, transfer the contents to a hot pack or a serving tray to avoid burning rice at the bottom.
- If you are using a pressure cooker, cook the rice for one whistle and then remove from heat.