Papdi For Chaat
Papdi Chaat is one of my favorites and I wanted to make these papdis at home. They are very simple to make and they can be stored for a long time.
Time of Preparation : 1 hour (including resting time)
No of Pieces : 30 to 35
- All Purpose Flour / Maida – 1 cup
- Ajwain Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – 1/3 tsp (according to taste)
- Ghee – 1 tsp
- Water – 2 tbsp less than 1/2 cup
- Oil – For frying
Method of Preparation:
- Mix maida, salt, ajwain seeds, ghee and add water little by little to make it a stiff dough (like poori dough).
- Cover it with a damp cloth and let it stay atleast for half an hour.
- Divide the dough to two halves and roll them very thin.
- Then cut them to circles using a lid. We can repeat this until we are done with the dough.
- Pork them using a fork so that they wont fluff while frying.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry them until golden brown.
- Store them in an airtight container.
- The papdis should be very thin else they will become soft.
- After cutting them to circles I felt they were little thick. so I made them thinner and the papdis become slightly bigger in size. So make them very thin first or cut them with smaller lids.