Chickpea Masala Sundal
Different variety of Sundals are made during Navratri days. Each day there is a different variety of sundals are made for Neivedyam and it’s distributed to the friends and family who are invited to see the Golu. I adapted this recipe from a friend. She made this sundal for her Golu last year. I’ve made this recipe a couple of times and it makes for a great evening snack with some hot tea.
If you have Golu in your home and you are out of ideas for how to make different types of sundal, try this recipe. It definitely tastes delicious and it will be a sooper dooper hit. Try this recipe and let me know how it turned out for you.
Preparation Time : 30 minutes
No oF servings : 4-5
Spice Level : 2 out of 5
- Chick pea/Chole : 2 cups(cooked)
- Oil: 1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds: 2 tsp
- Urad dal: 2 tsp
- Chana dal: 1tbsp
- whole red chili: 4
- Coriander Seeds: 11/2tbsp
- Curry Leaves: 6-7
- Red chili powder: 2tsp( adjust according to your spice level)
- Salt: to taste
- Shredded coconut: 3tbsp
Method of Preparation:
- Soak the chickpeas overnight and pressure cook it for three whistles with little salt or until it gets cooked fully.
- After that drain the chickpeas and keep it aside.
- Dry roast the chana dal, coriander seeds and red chili and let it cool for few minutes.
- After that grind them into a fine powder.
- Heat oil in a pan and add Mustard seeds and Urad dal.
- After it sputters add curry leaves and pressure cooked Chickpeas into it and mix it all together.
- Now add the ground powder and let it sit in medium heat for 3 -4 minutes.
- Finally add the shredded coconut and remove it from heat.
- Garnish it with some Coriander leaves.