Today I made Nithu’s Mint Chutney and I had it with papad. Suddenly this masala papad came into my mind. In India wherever restaurants I go, I will order this papad. If you need to make a very quick and easy snack, this is the one. Here is the recipe for Masala Papad.
Time of Preparation : 5 minutes
Spice level : 3
Method of Preparation:
- Papad (I ve used spicy papad)
- Onion – 1/4 (finely chopped)
- Tomato – 1/2 (finely chopped)
- Green chilli (small size) – 1 (finely chopped)
- Coriander leaves – 1 tbsp
- Chaat Masala – a pinch
- Salt – to taste
- Mint Chutney – 1 tbsp (optional)
- Lemon – few drops
- Microwave the papad for 1 minute.
- Mix chopped onion, tomatoes, coriander leaves and green chillies.
- Spread the mint chutney over the papad and spread the mixture on top of it.
- Sprinkle the chaat masala and salt.
- Add few drops of llemon.
- Serve immediately.
- Since I have used masala papad the spice is enough. If you use ordinary papad, sprinkle some red chilly powder.
- Generally they wont add mint chutney. I had some left over chutney. so I added that which gave extra flavor.
- If you dont like onions you can reduce the quantity.