Oma Podi / Sev
Oma podi or Sev is one of the most popular snacks of India. Sev is my favorite snack with tea and it is also used in chaats. This crispy and tasty sev is very simple to make and we can also make this Sev more thinner by using small size holes in the presser.
Time of Preparation : 40 minutes
- Chickpea / Besan flour – 1 1/4 cup
- Rice flour – 1 cup
- Ajwain seeds – 3 tbsp
- Salt -to taste
- Butter – 2 tbsp
- Water – as required
- Oil – for frying
Method of Preparation:
- Crush the ajwain seeds to fine powder.
- Mix besan flour, rice flour, ajwain powder, salt, butter and water to a smooth dough.
- In the meantime heat oil in a wide vessel.
- When the oil gets heated, put the dough in the presser and and press directly in the oil.
- Fry till they become golden yellow.
- Drain the excess oil.
- Let it cool and store it in an airtight container.
- We can also soak the ajwain seeds in water overnight and grind along with the water and mix with the flours.