Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Oatmeal Raisin Cookie is my favorite among cookies. This recipe makes chewy, soft cookies filled with oats, raisins and walnuts. This makes a healthy breakfast or a perfect snack in the evening with tea. Kids will love it. You can make the batter in advance and refrigerate it for a few days and can prepare the cookies whenever you want. Make these cookies for this Thanksgiving and enjoy.
Preparation time: 25 minutes
No. of servings: 22 cookies
- Unsalted butter – 1/3 cup (room temperature)
- Light brown sugar – 1/2 cup
- Large egg – 1 (room temperature)
- Pure vanilla extract – 1 tsp
- Instant cooking rolled oats – 3 cups
- All purpose flour – 1 cup
- Baking soda – 1/2 tsp
- Cinnamon powder – 1/4 tsp (optional)
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Chopped walnut – 1 cup
- Raisins – 1 cup
Method of Preparation:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line two large baking sheet with parchment paper or grease the sheet with butter or cooking spray.
- Keep all the ingredients ready on your counter.
- In a mixing bowl, add butter and beat it using a hand mixer until creamy. If you have a stand mixer, you can use that.
- Add sugar and scrape the sides and beat for about a couple of minutes until mixed well.
- Add one large egg and vanilla essence and beat until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, add a cup of all purpose flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Mix well and add it to the sugar mixture and mix well using the hand mixer.
- Now add oats, chopped walnut and raisins. Beat it until everything is mixed well.
- Remove the mixer and mix well using a rubber spatula.
- Scoop the cookie mix using a quarter size measuring cup or using an ice cream scoop and place it on the baking sheet.
- Leave enough space between cookies since it spreads while baking. Press the cookies a little bit.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove when cookies start browning. Cookies will be soft and wet.
- The result will be chewy and yummy cookies.
- Store it in an air tight container.