Rava Dhokla / Sooji Dhokla
Dhokla is a famous Gujarati snack made of either Besan or Sooji or chickpeas. This is one of my favorite snacks and it is very easy to make. If you are looking for a real quick and tasty snack this is the one :).
Time of Preparation : 20 minutes
No of Servings : 20 pieces
Spice level : 1 out of 5
- Rava (Cream of wheat) – 1 cup
- Yogurt – 1/2 cup
- Water – 3/4 cup
- Green chillies – 1 (finely chopped) (adjust to taste)
- Coriander leaves – 1 tsp (chopped)
- Green chilli coriander paste – 1 tsp (optional)
- Ginger – 1/2 tsp (grated)
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Eno fruit salt – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1/2 tsp (adjust to taste)
- Oil – to coat the pan
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Sesame seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Grated coconut – 1 tbsp
- Green chillies – 2 (slitted or chopped)
- Coriander leaves – 1 tbsp( chopped)
Method of Preparation:
- Mix all the ingredients except for oil and fruit salt without any lumps.
- Let it rest for 15 minutes. Boil water in a pressure cooker.
- When the water begins to boil, add the eno fruit salt. The batter will become fluffy.
- Now take a round 9″ pan and coat it with oil or we can use dhokla plates.
- Transfer the batter to the pan and keep it in the pressure cooker.
- Pressure cook like how we do Idlies in medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and transfer it to a wire rack.
- Heat oil in the seasoning pan and add mustard seeds followed by the sesame seeds and green chillies.
- Turn off the heat and add the grated coconut.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Cut them to desired shapes.
- Serve it with coriander/mint chutney and sweet chutney
- Adding green chilli coriander paste is totally optional. Since I have added it, the color is greenish yellow.
- Adding turmeric is also optional.