Chocolate Marble Cake
For this Christmas, I am planning to make cakes, cookies, muffins and breads. This Chocolate Marble cake is a very simple recipe. It came out good and I am planning to give it to all my friends. Here is the recipe for the yummy Cake..
Time of Preparation : 1 hr 30 minutes
No of Servings : 12
- Semi sweet chocolate chips – 1/2 cup
- Milk – 1/4 cup
- Butter – 1/2 cup (room temperature)
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Eggs – 2 (room temperature)
- Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
- Half and half – 1/4 cup
- Sour cream or yogurt – 1/4 cup
- All purpose flour – 1 1/2 cup
- Baking powder – 2 tsp
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
Method of Preparation:
- Melt the semi sweet chocolate chips in milk and keep it aside.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt and keep it aside.
- Whisk the half and half, sour cream and vanilla extract and keep it aside.
- Beat the butter and sugar until soft.
- Add the eggs and beat them until smooth.
- Add the flour mixture and sour cream mixture alternatively little by little until they form a smooth dough.
- Seperate the dough into two halves and add beat the melted chocolate mixture to one half.
- Preheat the oven to 325 F and line a 9 x 5 inch baking sheet with a parchment paper.
- Add the white dough and the chocolate dough alternatively in the lined baking sheet and bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.