Classic Three Cheese and Vegetable Lasagna
Lasagna is a wide and flat type of pasta. This Lasagna is filled with various vegetables, pasta sauce and three types of cheese. If you are looking for a simple and delicious recipe for lasagna, you are at the right place. Specially for the vegetarians and veggie lovers. Try this recipe for a special occasion or a weekend dinner and enjoy.
Preparation time: 60 minutes
No of servings: 10
Spice level: 2.5 out of 5
- Lasagna noodles – 9
- Chopped onion – 1/2 cup
- Chopped vegetables – 1/4 cup each (mushroom, red peppers, green peppers, zucchini, broccoli)
- Chopped oregano – 1 tbsp
- Chopped basil – 1 tbsp
- Frozen spinach – 1 cup (thawed)
- Ricotta cheese – 8 oz
- Parmesan cheese – 1/2 cup
- Shredded mozzarella cheese – 2 cups
- All purpose flour – 3 tbsp
- Butter- 2 tbsp
- Milk – 1 cup ( I used 2% milk)
- Pasta sauce – 2 cups
- Alfredo sauce – 4 cups
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Chopped garlic – 2 tbsp
Method of Preparation:
- Heat a tbsp of olive oil in a big pan and add garlic, onions and saute till onions are translucent.
- Add mushroom an saute till they are tender and shrunk.
- Add all the other vegetables and a little salt and saute for 5 minutes at medium heat.
- Add oregano, basil and some ground pepper. Sprinkle some water if required. Cover and cook till vegetables are fully cooked.
- Add a cup of pasta sauce and 2 cups of alfredo sauce and cook till everything comes together,
- Cook Lasagna noodles according to instructions in the package.
- Melt butter in a sauce pan over medium heat and add flour. whisk until it is smooth and add milk.
- Boil a cup of water and add thawed spinach and cook for 5 minutes or until cooked. Strain and squeeze the excess water and keep it aside.
- Keep stirring until you get a thick and smooth sauce, add some salt and pepper.
- Add parmesan cheese and mix well followed by spinach. Stir and cook for 2 to 3 minutes and rmove from heat.
- Grease a baking tray with olive oil and spread some spinach sauce, place the cooked lasagna on top and layer the vegetable mixture on top and spread some ricotta cheese.
- Cover the cheese with another layer of lasagna noodles, then veggies and repeat it the final layer of lasagna noodles. Top it with mozzarella cheese.
- Cover it with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes at 375°F.
- Preparation of sauce: Heat a tbsp of butter in a sauce pan and add a tsp of chopped garlic. Add a cup of pasta sauce and 2 cups of alfredo sauce. Let it boil and remove from heat.
- Remove tray from oven and cut into serving size pieces.
- Top it with the sauce and serve hot.