Republic Day Wishes to all our Readers…
My mom used to make this Tomato spread and Mint spread for breads. I wanted to make this for a long time. It is very easy to make and we can make these as a quick snack or an easy breakfast. Kids will like these a lot. I made these spreads today and my husband and friends too liked a lot. Today I am posting the tomato spread and soon I will post the Mint spread..
Time of Preparation : 15 minutes
Spice level : 2 out of 5
No of Breads : 8 to 10
- Onions – 3/4 cup (finely chopped)
- Tomatoes – 2 cups (chopped)
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Red Chillies – 3
- Garlic – 4 large cloves (roughly chopped)
- Salt – to taste
- Bread slices – 8
- Ghee – to toast the bread slices
Method of Preparation:
- Heat oil in the pan and add the red chillies.
- When the red chillies turn slightly dark, add the chopped onions.
- Add some salt and add the garlic.
- Fry for 2 minutes and then add the tomatoes.
- When the tomatoes become completely soft, turn off the heat.
- Let it cool and grind it to a smooth paste.
- Heat a nonstick pan or electric griddle in medium heat and very little ghee.
- Apply the spread on one side and put that side down.
- Now apply the spread on the top and add very little ghee.
- Now turn to the other side and let it stay for another 2 minutes.
- Remove it from the pan when the both sides get toasted completely.
- Serve hot.
- We can add oil for toasting instead of ghee. The toasted bread will be very soft.
- If we want bread little crispy, toast the bread slightly before applying the spread and do the same procedure.
- I like the bread to be little dark, so I have toasted it for more time. We can remove whenever we need.