Now a days I want to try many recipes with oats. This is my first recipe with oats. I got this idea from my friend Jayanthi and I liked it. It is very easy to make and it is tasty to. It is very healthy too when compared to most of the snacks.
Time of Preparation : 30 minutes
Spice level : 3 out of 5
No of Pieces : 11
- Oats – 1/2 cup
- Onions – 1 cup (finely chopped)
- Green Chillies – 6 (finely chopped)
- Ginger – 1 tsp (grated)
- Potatoes (boiled and mashed) – 2 (I have used 2 large go;den yellow potatoes)
- Peas – 1/3 cup (boiled)
- Red chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
- Sambar Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala – 1/4 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Bread crumbs – 1/2 cup
- Oil – 1/3 cup
- Coriander leaves – 1 tbsp (chopped)
Method of Preparation:
- Dry roast the oats and grind it to fine powder and keep it aside.
- Heat 2 tsp of oil in a pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When it starts to splutter, add the chopped green chillies followed by the chopped onions and salt.
- When the onions become translucent, add the grated ginger.
- Toss it for 2 minutes and add the red chilli powder, sambar powder, cumin powder, garam masala and fry for 2 minutes.
- Now add the mashed potatoes and peas and fry for another 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add the chopped coriander and mix well.
- Then add 1/4 cup of oats powder and combine well.
- It will become more thick.
- Divide to 11 or 12 equal parts and make it as round flat or oval shaped cutlets.
- Coat two sides with bread crumbs.
- Heat a pan or griddle and add 1/2 tsp of oil and place the cutlets.
- Add 1/2 tsp of oil on the top. When the bottom side turns golden brown, turn the other side.
- Remove when the other side also turns golden brown, remove the pan.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup.
- It will be more tasty if we deep fry the cutlets.
- If we want to deep fry, coat the cutlets with maida water paste and then with bread crumbs. Then deep fry them.
- If we want we can add any veggies like, carrot, beans, cauliflower etc..by boiling and mashing them.