My mom used to make this bread halwa very often. It is very simple to make unlike other halwas. We can use any kind of bread (except salty one) for bread halwa. The taste and color slightly varies according to that.
Time of Preparation : 45 minutes
No of Servings : 15 to 20
- Bread – 1 loaf (any kind and I have used white bread)
- Milk – 6 cups
- Sugar – 1 1/4 cup
- Ghee – 4 tbsp
- Cahews – 4 tbsp
- Cardamom powder – 1/2 tsp
Method of Preparation:
- Crush the bread to small pieces.
- Heat 3 tbsp of ghee in a pan and fry the bread till golden brown.
- Add the milk and sugar and stir occasionally.
- Stir it in medium flame and mash it so that there is no lumps.
- It will soon thicken to halwa.
- Roast some cashews and cardamom powder in a tbsp of ghee and add to the halwa.