Cupcake has to be the perfect comfort food for a person of any age. Even though I’ve had Cupcakes before I kind of got hooked on to it bad, because of an ex-coworker. She used to make Cupcakes and bring in to work so often that I started craving for it all the time.
This is the first time am trying Cupcake and I was a little nervous until I was done with the whole baking. If the pictures are any clue the Cupcakes turned out very well indeed. I did have a hard time with the peanut butter and chocolate frosting to look good for the pictures, but after a few tries they came out okay.
- All purpose flour : 3 cups
- Baking powder : 2 tsp
- Vanilla extract : 2 tsp
- Milk : 1 1/2cups
- Salt : 1 tsp
- Unsalted Butter : 1 stick
- Sugar : 2 cups
- Whole eggs : 6
Peanut Butter Frosting:
- Smooth Peanut Butter : 1/4 cup
- Heavy Cream : 1/2 cup
- Sugar : 3tbsp
Chocolate Frosting :
- Semi sweet Chocolate chips : 1/4 cup
- Heavy Cream : 1/2cup
Method Of Preparation :
Preparaing vanilla Cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Now in a wide bowl add flour, baking powder and salt.
- And in another bowl add butter (room temperature) and sugar. Mix it gently using electric mixer till it becomes light and fluffy.
- Now add eggs one by one by beating till its combined.
- And add vanilla extract and beat it all together.
- Finally add the flour mixture in two batches by alternating with milk, beating after each addition till it all gets combined.
- Now pour the batter into each lined Cupcake pan, filling each about three quarters full. (I found a nice rubber cupcake pan which made it easy to pop them out after baking)
- Place the Cupcake plate into the oven.
- Bake for about 20 minutes and insert a toothpick in the middle to see if it comes out clean.
- If not bake for another 5-10 minutes.
- Make sure it’s completely cool before doing frosting.
Peanut butter Frosting:
- In a bowl, whisk heavy cream till it becomes smooth .
- And sugar and whisk some more.
- Finally fold cream mixture into peanut butter.
Chocolate Frosting :
- Boil the heavy cream .
- Now pour cream over chocolate chips. let it stand for 5-8 minutes.
- Stir till it becomes smooth.
- Refrigerate it for about 10 minutes.
- Using an electric mixer or a whisk, whip the chocolate until it is smooth and fluffy.
Enjoy the cupcakes.
Sheba of Forkbootsandapalette passed an award for us. Thanks for awarding it to us sheba.
I would like to pass this Award to the following fellow bloggers.
Keep up the great work friends!!