Chettinad Kola Urundai Kuzhambhu – Spicy Meatball Curry
I’ve just posted Kola urunadi recipe couple of days back and this is a continuation of that recipe. you could just serve the meatball/kola Urundai as an appetizer or you could make it even more appealing and make it as a curry.
Kola urundai kuzhambhu is also an one of the authentic chettinad dishes. This is one popular dish you can find in some chettinad restaurants. You can serve this with chapathis, parathas, rice or as a side dish for any Biryani.
Preparation Time : 30 minutes
No of Servings : 4-5
Spice Level : 3 out of 5
- Kola urundai/Meatballs : 12
- Onion: 1 small (finely chopped)
- Tomato: 1 (finely chopped) or Tomato puree : 1 cup
- Curry leaves : 4
- Green chilies : 2 (slit into lenghtwise)
- Ginger & garlic paste : 1 tbsp
- Kola Masala : 2 tbsp
- Red chili powder : 1/2 tbsp
- Coriander Powder : 1 tbsp
- Cumin Powder : 1 tsp
- Cloves : 2
- Cinnamon: 1 “
- Cardamom : 1
- Bay leaves : 1
- Fennel seeds : 1/4 tsp
Method Of Preparation:
- Heat oil in a wide pan and add cloves, cinnamon, bay leaves and fennel seeds.
- After that add chopped onions with curry leaves and green chilies fry them till onion becomes golden brown.
- After that add ginger & garlic paste and fry them till raw smell goes off.
- Now add tomato mix it all together with some salt.
- Finally add all the masalas(kola masala, coriander powder, red chili powder and cumin powder)
- Mix it all together and add some water and let it boil for 15- 20 minutes in medium flame with lid covered.
- Finally once the curry is ready add the kola urundai/meatballs which is prepared in the previous post and bring it to full boil and remove from heat.
- Garnish it with some coriander leaves and serve it hot with rice or chapathi.