Green Chili Chicken Curry
Green chili chicken curry is simple and easy dish to make. If you are looking to make a chicken side dish for chapati or Chicken biryani . You should give this recipe a try. When I first saw this recipe name, I thought it’s gonna be too spicy.
But it was not that spicy and it depends on how many green chilies and how strong the green chilies are. Adding coconut and fennel gives the dish a rich flavor.
My sister Kavitha shared this recipe with me. I tried it last week and it came out awesome and tasty. Thanks to her for sharing this recipe with me.
Preparation Time: 45 mins
No of servings : 4-5
Spice level : 4 out of 5
- Chicken : ½ kg (Boneless or with bone)
- Oil : 3 tbsp
- Onion :2 (medium) (Finely chopped)
- Tomatoes : 2 (Finely chopped)
- Ginger & Garlic paste : 2 ½ tbsp
- Curry leaves : 6-7
- Potato : 1 (cut into cubes)
- Aniseed : 1 ½ tbsp
- Bay Leaves : 2
- Cinnamon : 1″
- Cardamom : 2
- Cloves : 4
- Fennel seeds : 1 tbsp
- Grated Coconut:1 cup
- Cashew nuts: 6
- Poppy seeds : 2 tbsp (soak in water for half an hour)
- Green chillies : 10-12 nos (according to your spice level)
- Salt to taste
Method Of preparation :
- Cut and clean the chicken and keep it aside.
- Pour little oil in a pan and fry the green chillies until the color changes and allow it to cool.
- Grind the green chillies, poppy seeds, fennel seeds, coconut and cashews to a thick paste.
- Just crush the aniseed, cinnamon, cloves and cardamom.
- Heat the pan with little oil in it and fry the crushed mixture well (cinnamon, cloves and cardamom).
- After that add the chopped onions and curry leaves, fry them for few minutes or till it becomes translucent.
- Now add ginger garlic paste fry them till the raw smell goes off.
- And add the tomatoes mix it all together and let them sit in the heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add the chicken, potato, turmeric powder and salt to taste, then cook it well.
- After 10 min add the ground paste and simmer cook for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Bring the consistency you want by adjusting water.
- Garnish with coriander leaves .
- Serve it hot with rice or chapati.