Spicy Egg Korma – Spicy Egg Curry
This is again an recipe from my sister’s (Kavitha) kitchen. She shared this recipe with me. My mom used to make this and she makes the perfect egg korma. Recently when I was speaking to my sis and it reminded me of this curry and I couldn’t wait to make it.
Egg korma is always easy to make and it tastes so good. The tricky part in this recipe is adding the egg in the curry. Because you shouldn’t stir the curry once you’ve added the egg. It came out very well for me. Try this recipe and lemme know how it turns out for you?
Preparation Time : 35 minutes
No of servings : 3-4
Spice Level : 3 out of 5
- Eggs : 4
- Onion : 1 (medium) (Finely chopped)
- Tomato : 2
- Ginger & Garlic paste : 1 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder : 1/2 tsp
- Red chili powder : 1 1/2 tbsp
- Coriander Powder : 1 tbsp
- Green chilies : 4-5 (adjust according to your taste)
- Curry leaves : 5-6
- Coriander Leaves : For garnishing
Masala To grind :
- Coconut : 1/4 cup
- Fennel seeds : 1 tsp
- Cashews : 2 tbsp
Method Of Preparation :
- Grind all the ingredients listed in the grind section into a thick paste and keep it aside.
- Now heat oil in a pan add cloves, cinnamon and bay leaves.
- Then add chopped onions and fry them till it becomes translucent and add ginger and garlic paste.
- Fry them for a few minutes after that add green chilies and tomato .
- Fry them for 2- 3 minutes and add curry leaves, turmeric powder, red chili powder and coriander powder.
- Mix them all together and cook in medium heat by adding a cup of water and few coriander leaves.
- Cook till the raw smell of masala goes off and add the ground paste.
- Mix well and cook in medium heat for 15- 20 minutes or till the masala smell goes off.
- Make sure the above gravy is cooked, and finally break each egg and drop one at a time in to the curry.
- Do not stir the curry, because it will break the egg. Let it sit in the heat for few minutes or until the egg becomes fully cooked.
- Once the egg is cooked fully remove from heat and garnish it with coriander leaves.