We want to extend our heartfelt thanks to all of you, who participated in the Spicy Tasty Sizzling Summer Contest. We were thrilled by your response and loved all 82 Entries we’ve received for the contest.
Even though we are announcing just two winners we appreciated every recipe you all shared with us. It’s time to announce the winners.
Drum rolls please!!!!!!!
Sizzling Summer Photo Contest Winner
We hope you had a fun week voting in the photo contest watching different recipes stay at different spots.
It was a close race in the photo contest voting and we are happy to announce that “Yummy Team’s Fried Ice Cream” Photograph won the contest with 221 votes, with just a difference of 5 votes over Hari Chandana’s “Tomato Flavored Sago Papad” Photograph.
Thank you everyone for voting!
"Fried Ice Cream" by Yummmy Team
Congratulations Yummy Team!!!!! We will contact you shortly via email.
Sizzling Summer Recipe Contest Winner
We were simply amazed at the response we received for this event. We got 32 entries in our last summer contest and this time around we got 82 recipes entered! That was incredible!
We picked a random number from the 82 recipes we received for this event and the lucky number belonged to Angie who submitted “Blueberry (Ice Cream) Banana Streusel Muffins” .
Congratulations Angie!!!!! We will contact you shortly via email.
Sizzling Summer Contest Round Up ( 82 Recipes Entered)
Ever recipe entry we’ve received from you was so wonderful that we’ve listed every one of them here with pictures as well as the authors photo if provided.
Thank you for making this event a huge success. We are planning to host ST’s Sizzling Summer Contest as an yearly event.
Enjoy looking through these recipes and photographs.
[flickr]http://www.flickr.com/photos/spicytasty/sets/72157624492846260/, 400px, 400px[/flickr]
- Ashwanth submitted his Sparkling punch recipe.
Take a 3 gallon vessel.
Add 4 bottles(1 litre bottles) of Sparkling water.
Add 4 20 0z Sierra Mist
Add 2 Pitchers of Apple Juice (1 pitcher=0.65 litres)
Mix it well and add ice.
Party with 3 gallons of sparkling punch.
- Akheela Hisham of Torviewtoronto submitted her cantoloupe juice recipe
- Angie of Angie’s Recipes Submitted her Blueberry (Ice Cream) Banana Streusel Muffins recipe.
- samyukta gour(bayes) of CreativeSanyuktha submitted her Go Green with Chicken.
- Vrinda Mahesh of Reciperoll submitted her Chocolate Profiteroles
- Noelle Kelly of Amelielife submitted her POMtastic Mint Martini recipe.
- Noelle Kelly of Amelielife submitted her second entry Spanish Gazpacho Soup in the RAW with Broiled “Cheese” Toast.
- Priya (Yallapantula) Mitharwal of MharorajasthanRecipes submitted her Badam – Saunf – Shahad Thandai (Almonds – Fennel Seeds – Honey Milkshake) Recipe.
- Cool Lassi(e) of pangravyKadai Submitted her Traffic Light Smoothie recipe.
- Aruna of EnsamayalKuripigal Submitted her Saudi Champagne recipe.
- Akheela Hisham of TorviewToronto Submitted her Kebab skewers with fruit, meat and vegetable
- Az of Desizayeka submitted her Chikoo Milkshake recipe.
- Nayna of Simplysensational submitted her Milkshake recipe.
- Krishnaveni Mahesh of Infoveni submitted her Tomato – Cucumber Aspic Salad recipe.
- Nandini of Ushanandini submitted her Avocado Mango Smoothie recipe.
- samyukta gour(bayes) of Creative samyuktha submitted her Kiwi Summer Salad with sweet n sour kiwi dressing recipe.
- Rose of Magpierecipes submitted her Red Velvet Cupcakes recipe.
- Deepti of Dipskitchen submitted her Mixed Fruit Smoothie recipe.
- Reeni a.k.a. Cinnamon-Girl of Cinnamon spice and Everything nice submitted her Avocado Feta Salsa with Marinated Grilled Chicken and Shrimp Skewers
- Rose of magpierecipes submitted her Berry Banana Frozen Yogurt
- .Swathi of Kitchenswathi submitted her Burmese baked eggplant salad/khayan dhi pope thote
- Hari chandana of Indian cuisine submitted her Tomato Flavoured Sago Papad recipe.
- Hari Chandana of Indian Cuisine submitted her second entry Onion Papads recipe.
- Krishnaveni Mahesh of Infoveni submitted her second entry Bibingka Cassava recipe.
- Karunya of Myrecipesnmore submitted her Watermelon milkshake recipe
- Nisha of MyKitchenantics submitted her Raspberry pound cake drizzled with a berry compote
- Sayantani of Homemakers Diary Submitted her Chilled Pasta Salad recipe.
- Sayantani of Homemakers Diary submitted her Mango Kulfi recipe.
- Kairali Sisters of Cookingwithkairalisisters has submitted Tripple Strawberry Dessert.
- Karunya of myrecipesnmore has submitted Strawberry Smoothie.
- Adukala vishesham of Adukalavishesham has submitted Italian Chocolate Salami.
- Maya and Lakshmi of yummyoyummy has submitted Fried Icecream.
- Gouri Guha of gouriguhas has submitted Green Mango Panna.
- Food Zone of foodzone-foodzone has submitted Orzo Salad.
- Bharathy of spicychilly has submitted Tiramisu cake.
- Rachana of rachanakothari has submitted Caramelized Cherry Rice.
- Kairali sisters of cookingwithkairalisisters has submitted Choco Banana Milkshake.
- Nayna Kanabar of simplysensationalfood has submitted Strawberry Ice cream.
- Nayna Kanabar of simplysensationalfood has submitted Mango Mousse.
- Preethi Moraes of preethiskitchensurprises has submitted Grilled Steak with stuffed mushrooms & Mixed Veggies.
- Preethi Moraes of preethiskitchensurprises has submitted Stir Fried Shrimps in white wine.
- Jaleela Kamal of allinalljaleela has submitted Rich Fruit Faloda.
- Jaleela Kamal of allinalljaleela has submitted Truity Fruity with Banana Custard.
- Swathi of kitchenswathi has submitted Triple Berries and Mango Smoothie.
- Panchpakwan of panchpakwan has submitted Avocado Dip.
- Menaga of sashiga has submitted Mango Icecream.
- Menaga of sashiga has submitted Melon Salad.
- Rachana of rachanakothari has submitted Strawberry Ginger Crepes.
- Jay of tastyappetite has submitted Mango Smoothie.
- Richa of richaskitchen has submitted Strawberry Milkshake.
- Pavithra of dishesfrommykitchen has submitted Zesty Avocado Sherbet.
- Kiran of kiranjay has submitted Avocado-Coconut Vegan IceCream.
- Pavithra of dishesfrommykitchen has submitted Frozen Choco Banana Popsicles.
- Padhu of padhuskitchen has submitted Papaya Smoothie.
- Madhuri of marecipes has submitted Watermelon Punch with dash of Orange & Sweet Lemon – Non Alcoholic.
- Madhuri of MaRecipes submitted her Poppy seeds and Cashewnuts Halwa recipe.
- Richa of Richa’s Kitchen submitted her Vegetable Cooler recipe.
- Priti of Indian Khanna submitted her Aamkhand recipe.
- Jagruti of Joy of Cooking submitted her Mavadaar Rose and Coconut Kulfi recipe.
- Umm Mymoonah of Taste of pearl city submitted her Cherry milkshake recipe.
- Deepa of Hamaree rasoi submitted her Grilled bread rings recipe.
- Nandhini of Ushanandhini submitted her Mango phirni recipe.
- Panchpakwan of panchpakwan submitted her Mango lasii recipe.
- Valarmathi of Simple and yummy recipes submitted her Spiced Buttermilk recipe.
- Nithu Bala of Nithu’s Kitchen submitted her A Healthy Breakfast Icecream recipe.
- Swapna of Simple Vegetarian Rescipes submitted her Peach Watermelon Smoothie recipe.
- Chinchu Ann Varghese of Easy Aussie Indian Cooking submitted her Aussie carrot meat pie recipe.
- Chinchu Ann Varghese of Easy Aussie Indian cooking submitted her Lettuce Cup recipe.
- Amrita of Rannaghor Theke submitted her Pineapple Lychee Smoothie recipe.
- Priya of priya easy n tasty recipes submitted her Strawberry-Yogurt-Pops recipe.
- Priya of priya easy n tasty recipes submitted her Gazpacho-spanish-cold-tomato-soup recipe.
- Vaneesa of Sweet Artichoke submitted her Strawberry tart with a green lime twist recipe.
- Deepa of Hamaree Rasoi submitted her Mango Delight: Mango Sauce with Vanilla Ice-Cream recipe.
- Muskaan of A2Z Vegetarian Cusine submitted her Mixed Berries in Zesty Greek Yogurt recipe.
- Sweety submitted her Summer Smoothie Kulfi recipe.
- Strawberries – 6-7 nos
- Banana – Half of 1 banana
Grind all the above ingredients to get the strawberry banana flavor.
- Ripe Mango – 1 no
- Grind 3-4 slices of mango and all the rest of the above ingredients to get a smooth mango smoothie.
- Procedure to assemble the kulfi
- Fill the moulds halfway with the strawberry-banana smoothie.
- Freeze the kulfi mould.
- Then fill the mould till it is full, with the mango smoothie and freeze it again.
- Your multicolored summer smoothie kulfi is ready to be served.
- I filled half of the moulds like this and the remaining half of them with mango smoothie first and then with strawberry-banana smoothie just for a variation of color.
Since we are freezing the smoothies add more sugar than usual.
- Sangeetha Jagan of Sangi’s Food World submitted her Mango-carrot-badam-halwa recipe.
- Vaneesa of Sweet Artichoke submitted her Avocado & mango salad recipe.
- Umm Mymoonah of Taste of pearl city submitted her Golden peach recipe.
- Denise of Oh Taste N See submitted her Rosemary Watermelon Cocktail / Mocktail recipe.
- Denise of Oh Taste N See submitted her Grilled Corn and Mango Salad in Cucumber Boats/Cups recipe.
- Cool Lassi(e) of pan gravy kadai curry submitted her Raspberry Rose Pots De Creme recipe.
- Viswa of cumin coriander cardamom submitted her Grilled onion and carrot chutney recipe.