Chicken Enchilada Casserole
I’ve already posted the Enchilada sauce recipe and here is the anniversary dinner I made for Karthik – Chicken Enchilada Casserole. It came out really yummy and tasted so good. Karthik loved it and he kept going back for the leftovers.
As I mentioned earlier this is one of the easiest casseroles I’ve ever made.Try this recipe and let me know if you liked it too.
Preparation Time: 60 minutes
No of servings : 4-5
- Enchilada Sauce : 4 cups
- Corn Tortillas : 12 ( 6 inch) (Sofetend over flame or dry skillet)
- Chicken : 2 pounds (cooked and shredded) (you can just stir fry the shredded chicken with some salt and pepper for about 10 minutes)
- Jalapeno Peppers : 4
- Sour cream : 1 cup
- Shredded Swiss cheese : 1 & 1/2 cups (from about 1/2 pound piece)
- Shredded Monterey Jack cheese: 1 & 1/2 cups (from about 1/2 pound piece)
- Raw Red Onion Rings : for garnish
Method of Preparation :
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Now grease the 13-in. x 9-in. baking casserole dish.
- Pour a thin layer of enchilada sauce into the bottom of a medium casserole. Now layer in 3 corn tortillas or even 4.
- Then top with some shredded chicken mix with some enchilada sauce and small spoonful of sour cream.
- Sprinkle with little Swiss and jack cheeses and some jalapenos..
- Repeat this step twice more.
- Put the casserole dish on a baking sheet and bake it for 30 to 40 minutes until you see cheese bubbles on top.
- The baking sheet will catch any drips of sauce or cheese.
- After that remove from heat and garnish it with raw red onion rings if you want or you can skip this step.
If you wanted to try out a mexican food recipe it can’t get easier than this.