I love making pasta using different sauce. I wanted to try pasta using roasted red bell pepper for a long time. The addition of tomato Paste gives some tangy flavor to it which I love. Here is a simple and tasty Pasta recipe..
- Pasta – 2 cups (I have used Penne Pasta)
- Oil – 2 1/2 tbsp (I have used olive oil)
- Onions – 1/2 cup (chopped)
- Roasted Bell pepper – 3/4 cup (I have used bottled bell peppers)
- Garlic – 2 cloves (chopped)
- Tomato paste – 3 tbsp (Ihave used canned tomato paste)
- Heavy Cream – 1/4 cup (optional)
- Dried herbs – 1/2 tsp (I have used parsley and basil)
- Freshly ground black pepper – 1/4 tsp
- Red chilli flakes – 1/4 tsp (adjust according to taste)
- Salt – to taste
- Cheese – add according to taste (optional)
Method of Preparation:
- Cook the pasta in boiling water with a tsp of oil until soft.
- Drain the water and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the red chilli flakes and onions with little salt.
- Then add the garlic and the roasted bell peppers.
- Fry for 2 minutes and let it cool.
- Make a paste of the mixture. Heat oil in the same pan and add the ground paste.
- Fry for 2 minutes abd add the tomato paste.
- Fry for another 2 minutes and add the ground black pepper.
- Then add the cream and mix well.
- Now add the cooked pasta and mix well.
- Now add the grated cheese and turn of the heat.
- We can use any kind of pasta we want.
- Adding heavy cream and cheese are totally optional
- We can add fresh herbs too.