Methi Thepla is a popular Gujarati flat bread. It is made with a mixture of flours, mildly spiced and contains fenugreek leaves. It is very easy to make and will be good for lunch box too :).
Time of Preparation : 25 minutes
Resting Time : 15 minutes
No of pieces : 10
Spice level : 1
- Wheat Flour – 1 cup
- Chickpea Flour / Besan Flour – 1/4 cup
- Salt – to taste
- Red chilly powder – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Garam masala – 1/4 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Curd – 3 tbsp
- Methi leaves – 1 cup (tightly packed) (chopped)
- Water – 1/4 cup (adjust accordingly)
Method of Preparation:
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl except curd and water.
- Add the curd and mix. Then add water little by little and mix to form a soft dough.
- Cover it and let it rest for at least 15 to 20 minutes.
- Divide into 10 equal parts.
- Roll them like how we roll for chapati to around 6″ diameter.
- Heat a pan in medium flame and put the paratha for a minute.
- Add oil or ghee if needed. Then turn the other side.
- When both the sides turn slightly brown remove from the heat.
- Repeat the process for all the parathas.
- Serve with pickle or raitha or any curry.