My husband asked me for a long time to make fried rice we get in roadside. He liked the taste and it is almost tasted like the roadside fried rice :). Also those who do not like cabbage will definitely like this fried rice.
Time of Preparation : 30 minutes
No of servings : 2
Spice level : 4 out of 5
- Basmathi Rice – 1 cup
- Cabbage (thinly sliced) – 3 cups
- Capsicum (thinly chopped) – 1 cup
- Onion (finely chopped) – 1/2 cup
- Ginger (grated) – 2 tsp
- Garlic (grated) – 2 tsp
- Soy sauce – 1 1/2 tbsp
- Chilly vinegar – 1 tbsp
- Black pepper (freshly ground) – 2 tsp (adjust according to spice level)
- White pepper – 1/2 tsp
- Green chillies – 2 (slitted lengthwise)
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
- Egg – 2 (optional)
Method of Preparation :
- Add 1 and 1/2 cup of water to the rice and cook and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the cumin seeds followed by green chillies and onions.
- Fry till they become translucent and add the grated ginger and garlic.
- Fry for two minutes and add the capsicum. Fry till they become half cooked and add the chopped cabbage.
- Fry for 5 minutes and add the soy sauce, vinegar, white pepper and followed by black pepper and salt.
- Reduce the flame and add the cooked rice and mix well.
- Add more salt and black pepper if needed.
- If you want to add egg, keep another pan add the eggs, little more salt and pepper and when it is half done, add the cabbage rice to it.
- Serve hot with hot sauce or ketchup.