Today I was little lazy to cook for the lunch. I wanted to make something quick. Then I found a couple of bunches of methi leaves in my fridge. I tried this methi pulao and it came out so well.
Time of Preparation : 30 minutes
Spice level : 3
No of Servings : 2
- Methi leaves – 1 bunch
- Basmathi rice – 1 cup
- Onion (finely chopped) – 1 (medium size)
- Tomato finely chopped) – 1 (medium size)
- Green chillies (finely chopped) – 4
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Bay leaves – 1
- Cinnamon 1/2″ stick – 1
- Cloves – 2
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Method of Preparation:
- Cut the roots and thick stems oh the methi leaves and chop them.
- Wash the leaves properly and soak them in salt water so that the bitterness will be removed from the leaves.
- Also wash the rice and soak it in the water.
- Mean while heat oil in a pan and add the bay leaves, cinnamon stick, cloves and cumin seeds.
- After 2 minutes add the chopped onions followed by green chillies, ginger garlic paste, chopped tomatoes and salt.
- Now add the turmeric powder, red chilli powder and coriander powder.
- Now drain the water from methi leaves and sautee for 3 minutes.
- Now add the rice and fry for another 2 minutes.
- Add 1 1/2 cup of water and keep it in the rice cooker.
- Serve hot with raitha.